Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nationwide Gluttony Day

Otherwise known as Thanksgiving occurred today. It was also a big football day, Titans, Cowboys, and I'm currently watching the Texas vs. Texas A&M game (I sound like a boy...). I'm still overcome by the massive amounts of turkey, and I decided I should stop being the worst blogger and share a little about my life.

Is it really November 27th??? Goodness gracious. Well, it has been over a month. School is still going. There will be a great rejoicing once finals are over, especially Spanish (gross). I have one more week of classes then the finals begin. It has been a good semester, challenging, but good. I have two more nights with my Cubbies. One more youth Bible study. One more college Bible study. Things are coming to an end. Spring semester will be great, though. I will be taking my last Spanish class (Can I hear an "Amen!"), and I’m getting closer to my intern year, which I am super excited about. I finished tutoring before Thanksgiving break. It was a bittersweet good-bye. I enjoyed working with them and seeing the light bulb come on, but hearing about their lives and what they were going to do as soon as they were rid of their parole officers was heartbreaking. Next semester, I won’t be tutoring. I’ll have my educational thought class, instead. I will, hopefully, be getting a Campus Visits job. I’m saving up for mission trips later on in the semester. I’ll be busy, is another way to phrase my life. I like it that way, though.

My birthday has come and gone. I am now a twenty year old (eek!). It still sounds weird to say. Lara, Hanna, and Angeli surprised me with a party with good friends. It was a lot of fun. I looked like I had stolen a five year olds birthday, though. I was complete with Barbie balloon, light-up wand, party hat, and a “Princess AK” castle cake with “Darbie”, our fake, ghetto HEB Barbie. It was hilarious. We ate at Olive Garden, watched the new Bond movie, and then went tortilla tossing at the Suspension Bridge. It was an unforgettable night.

Other things have happened over the month. Halloween was funny. Angeli and I made cavewoman costumes for “Trick-or-Treat” night. It proved to be a crowd pleaser, even though one dad asked if we were wood nymphs (yeah… I have no idea where that came from). The election came and went, but that is a whole different story. Baylor sent in 3rd string and still won against Texas A&M! That was a good game. I surprised everyone by coming home four days early. If only I had a camera every time I saw someone. And, now I’m here.Those are the main things that have happened. I promise to try and not be the worst blogger. But for now, the game is calling me.

1 comment:

mesakh pee dee said...

...YOUR LIFE IS BEUTIFUL..:)