Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slacker

That's how I have been feeling lately, especially in regards to school. I have loved just being with friends, whether at work, church, small group, late night games, impromptu tortilla tossing, the usual. I have four weeks left in my Sophomore year, and I simply do not care about my classes anymore. Awful, right? Hopefully, Easter break will be a nice little breather before I come back...finishing strong...hopefully. Obviously, I am not just slacking with school..."hello, non-updated blog".

So, let's recap the last two months, shall we?


1. I believe February was an incredibly slow month. It's the shortest month in the year, but it felt as if it would never end. Nothing exciting happened. Of course with it being Texas, it was in the 70s. I have tan lines from January/February. This weather still throws me off. You can proceed to be jealous now.



2. March went by lightning speed. I think this is because I was SUPER busy.


a. Spring Break Ski Trip. This was super fun.
I mean, doesn't this look like a postcard? The line at the bottom is a joke from the trip. Walking in ski boots takes talent, and ends in a lot of pain. My toes were bruised for awhile.

I think this picture is just plain funny. Thank you, Lara, for documenting my graceful nature.


Needless to say, the trip was eventful. Not only with my gracefulness, but Lara injured her knee pretty badly. Sweet little thing is on crutches and has a knee brace. She's still waiting to see if she'll need surgery this summer.



After the ski trip, I came back to good ol' Waco to work for the rest of Spring Break. It was only Lara, Matt, JStep, and I along with all the adults. It was probably the best week of work.


b. The week following Spring Break was complete madness. I worked 27 hours at Campus Visits. It seemed like the whole state of Texas was on Spring Break and all the students came to Baylor. We gave 5 tours a day with 68 people, and there were still more coming into our office. Admissions and Financial Aid set up a tent outside the Visitor's Center. It was a complete circus. Work as well as having 17 hours of school along with all of my other activities, who knows how I made it through that week.


c. March also brought six of Lara's friends from home to visit. It
was a lot of fun to hang out with all of them. I'll get to see some of them again when I got to Birmingham this summer.










d.The rest of March was filled with studying (kind of...), hanging out with friends, work...



3. In other news, a lot of opportunities have been opening up for me and other opportunities have been closing, but I have seen how the Lord is working through it all. I'm just glad He is in control and not me because I have no idea even where to begin. I'll update more once some opportunities are more than opportunities and more realities. You know how it is.


4. Thursday, my roommate and I will be making the twelve hour drive to Nashville for Easter break. It'll be nice to be back for a little while to see everyone. I promise pictures and good stories (hopefully, around the same time the trip is...not a month later. oops).


That's a condensed version of what has been happening right now in my life. Some things are funny, others are serious. As good ol' Forest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."



Welcome to the party, make yourself at home. But, please, don't eat the chocolate.

1 comment:

mht said...

Update? hmmmm????