Thursday, September 25, 2008

Busy Wedesdays, Slow Thursdays

Wednesday is my busiest day of the week. I have learned time management is key in order to get through the day in one piece. It all begins at 7:30(and a strawberry pop tart with a cup of "joe", see a trend yet?). Biology. Spanish. Lunch. Change books. Grab tennis shoes. HP (human performance aka physical education aka I'm in 6th grade again). 30 minutes to shower, get ready, change books and grab AWANA stuff. Biology lab lecture. Biology SI. AWANA. Dinner (By this time it is normally 9 p.m., you heard me... 9.). Homework. Bed. Good morning sun! It's 6:30! All of this "action" is sequential. I am always surprised by the end of the day that it IS the end of the day. However for me, if I wasn't doing a lot and if I wasn't involved, I would be bored and feel completely useless. So, I am busy, and I'm o.k. with that.

AWANA is the best part. Those little four-year olds make a bad day better. Last night was spent trying to get them to stop playing with my hair. (Note to self: Never wear hair down again.) They also decided it would be fun to grab onto my legs when I was trying to walk. It was entertaining...for the other leaders and them. I did laugh, though, at my own stupidity. My new boy, Christopher, is beginnning to open up some (The first night he wouldn't talk!). My other three kids are doing fine. Noah has not bumped his head yet (a new record!), Olivia always wants to be held, and Jack always has to hold my right hand when walking from story time to our room (he's very predictable). Then I have other kids that join mine, Viktor and Keaton are the funniest. Viktor has told me, "I have decided to change my game time color. I am no longer on the red line. I am on the blue line. I'm in your group now." His leader had the hardest time getting him to go to her room. Keaton just likes to see if he can jump on my back and get to my shoulders. It always proves interesting. They are sweethearts.

After that exciting day, I get to Thursday. I usually get out of classes early, so I have longer breaks than what I should, which is nice, but I would much rather be going all day than constantly stopping. Right now, I still have 2 hours until my Biology lab. Oh well, I'll use it to get ahead on some homework and listen to some podcasts (This week's Highland sermon can be found here.) So, I'm off once again.

Have a Happy Thursday!




P.S. Grey's Anatomy tonight!

No comments: