Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Four-year Old Kids Have a Smell

This is something I have noticed every Wednesday at Cubbies. Cubbies is a part of the AWANA program which encourages children, beginning at the age of three through 6th grade, to memorize Scripture. It is amazing to watch these little ones get excited about Scripture memory! I certainly wish I would have had AWANA when I was little. Anyway, back to what I was saying. I have noticed all four-year old kids have a certain smell to them, and I don't understand why. I usually come home smelling like them because they must think I'm a human jungle gym. Tonight, for instance, I had 5 kids sitting either in my lap, on one of my legs, or my feet, and then two were trying to climb on my back seeing who could get on my head first. Let's just say Cubbies can get interesting sometimes. One of my kids fell during play time and scraped his elbow, so he was attached the rest of the night. Him along with my favorite (I know, no favorites...) little girl, who always wants to be held, made tonight a balancing game. One of the leaders, Ms. Kelly, was out tonight, so her kids joined with mine, and one of John's kids decided he liked me more and wouldn't go with him. Poor John... John helped me, though, when one Ms. Kelly's kids wouldn't behave, but he got him to listen to me (eternal thanks!). I had quite a group this evening. Wednesday's are pretty hectic, but I LOVE being with these kids. I also love the other teachers and leaders that help. It's a great little community that can get a little crazy at times, but it is worth at the end of the day.

Now, it's time for homework. I have a chemistry exam tomorrow at 8 a.m. so I'm off to review some more. That's all for tonight :)

No comments: