Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh, Glorious Sundays

I love Sundays. Many people view them as the last day to get everything done before the week starts, but they are more than that.

For example, this morning I got up at 8:30, took a shower, ate a strawberry pop tart with my coffee (a daily must), listened to one of my favorite mix's (Thanks, Mechet!), and got ready for church. I love my church home here in Waco. There is something special a
bout 250+ college students coming together to worship the Living God. This morning was a special time because we moved into our new (actually, old. The adults moved into the new sanctuary) sanctuary. It was pretty awesome. It also seemed like Kyle had been "reading my mail", as KShrum would say. His sermon will be something I'll be pondering over this week as I'm reading and going about the "average" college day (HA! what's average in college life?!?). Afterward, lunch then a nap. Sunday is the best day for naps. It should be scientifically proven. I think I'll start working on that. But, my nap was rudely ended by a fire drill. Thanks, Baylor... I then decided that I would like another round of coffee, so my roommate and I moosied (I love that word!) on over to the BU Starbucks. I then came back to the dorm, worked on some Chemistry (just keepin' it real), Angeli and Ian came for dinner (macaroni with hot dogs, I'm definitely a college student), and then mindless minutes spent on Facebook.

Many would say, wow that's a boring day, but it was actually enjoyable. If only it was cooler, then I'd be outside, under some tree, reading (Yep, you heard that right...reading, for fun. nerd.). I look forward to Sundays. It is a relaxing day, not a hurried busy
day, before a long week (and, oh, will be a long week!).

Oh, Monday, the bane of many people's existence.

That's all for now.




Yep, that looks like a good tree to read under.


No comments: