Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend Adventures

Is it really Sunday? This week seemed to go by lightning speed. I couldn't believe it was Friday, but now it's Sunday!?!

Friday, I went to Highland's 5th quarter. It was fun hanging out with all the youth, and Maggie and I were able to have a really good conversation. Football is a huge event here in Texas, and 5th quarter goes until 12:45. I am a grandma. 12:45 is a late hour in my book. I am normally not up at that hour. Needless to say, I was extremely tired and somewhat delirious when I left. I wasn't the only one, though. Lara and Hanna were also delirious. It made for a pretty interesting ride back home. We did make it home safely, and I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Saturday, I woke up feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest. The cold that 2 of my AWANA kids had, finally caught up to me. However, I still had things to do and places to be. Oil change. Wal-Mart run. Lunch with Angeli and Patrick. Study Spanish (gross). I did manage to take a three hour nap, but that was mainly due to my medicine (It WAS a nice nap, though). I stayed in Saturday, watched a movie and drank some hot tea (because I sounded like a man, dumb cold). It was pretty relaxing compared to these last few weeks (Note to self: do this more often!). This week won't be any better. I have two exams, three quizzes, and visiting a school in order to see how it is run (welcome to the life of an education major, come on in!) along with the rest of my weekly activities. Ain't life grand!

Anyways, Sunday is always a great day. Church this morning was awesome as always (have a listen). I have really enjoyed the series Kyle has been doing. It's something that everyone needs to hear. Tonight I have h2o with my little 8th grade girls. I'm really praying that the Lord would use me to be a good influence on these girls since they are going through an awkward time in their lives. Oh, middle school, what wasn't awkward?!? (middle school dances, anyone?) All of them are precious, and I can't wait to see how they grow this year. Being with them does make me miss all the girls back home. I can't wait to see them again. But, I am here and they are there, so while I am here, I will pour into the girls here. This just makes the pull between home and Waco even greater. I'm torn between two places.

Alright, enough sad, sappy stuff.

I'm off to study more Spanish and grab some food before h2o. I hope everyone's weekend was swell :)

(Swell? Yep, I said it. What are you going to do about it?)

No comments: