Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane??? Really?!



Yep, Hurricane Ike is coming. He's not only hitting the Gulf Coast of Texas, but he's coming to Waco. For those that haven't seen a map lately, or have no idea where Waco is. It is right....there.
The big red dot. Now, also take note of how far inland we are. And, we...Waco, TX, are supposed to be included in this Hurricane Ike business. It makes no sense. They moved our football game to tonight, canceled every event this weekend, everyone must park in a parking garage, buildings are closed, and elevators are all off so no one gets stuck in one due to a power outage. I mean, really... This is half-way...no, fully ridiculous. Dallas is even supposed to get effects from it, and it is 100 miles north of me. There is also a possibility of evacuation if the flooding becomes a huge issue. There are also possibilities of tornadoes. I have never been a part of a hurricane, nor do I want to be a part of one again. It stresses me out...I know I'm being ridiculous now, but it is all a part of what makes me, me.


Now, in other news, I dominated my first exam (That's what up), but I must now study for two more, biology and biology lab. My weekend is going to be fun and exciting with a capital NO. Oh, well, it's not like I can do anything with this hurricane coming. Yesterday was a lot of fun, though. That is after I was done with class at 6:30. Lara, Angeli, and I ate at Memo, and we were able to catch up, laugh..a lot, and talk about how weird it is being on campus. A lot of inside jokes were said, and my lovely laugh/hiccup came out thanks to Lara being silly. I love both of those girls. Lara and I also talked about going on the Tanzania, Africa trip during spring break! How awesome is that! Angeli is planning on going to Juarez, Mexico during spring break! How awesome that we all serve the same Lord. LOVE IT! Today was a short day, my only one for the week. Angeli and I went on errand runs, and I parked my car in the garage, ya know...for hurricane purposes...(?!). Now, I'm about to go eat dinner with some of the girls tonight. Oh, college life...




In preparation for a hurricane, you must compile supplies. SO, my supply list includes:

Peanut Butter (I love this stuff! Sam's massive jar is a must)
Water (You can't go long without that)
Clothes/Shoes (No nakedness in a hurricane!)
IPod (Gotta have the jams)
Cell Phone (Because you can't live without it)
Study Materials (Note: I have 2 exams next week despite there being a hurricane)
Magazines (For study breaks)
Wallet/ID card (I have to get back into the dorm, and money is an international language ha!)
Flashlight w/ Batteries (In case of a blackout)
Blanket(s) (I get cold easily)

Yep, that about covers it.

I am not an expert in this hurricane business. I have no idea what is going on, what to expect, or what to do.

That is all. Thank you for your time and attention.

No comments: