Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Golly Miss Molly

I don't have words to describe this past week. I have been all of the place, and I should be bald from all the times I wanted to pull my hair out due to frustration. However, I am not bald, and the week is over now. So, onto better things.

On Saturday, I went to Austin...again (I'm pretty much in love...with the city...just clearing things up) This time Angeli and Ian came along. It was a blast, especially when we went to Buffalo Exchange. Some of those clothes (and shoes) should not be there (like those to the left. I mean, really?!?). It was entertaining looking through the racks and wondering who wore it before making its appearance in the store. Sometimes, we just didn't want to know. Some items were a little scary (exhibit a. have you seen those shoes?!?)


We started the day at Spider House, which is a local coffee shop. I'm pretty sure Amy Winehouse's sister served us (no joke). We roamed around Austin, mainly sticking to Guadalupe. I always love going to the local art markets there because you can always find some great things. We ate at South Congress Cafe (DELICIOUS!) and ended with cupcakes from Hey Cupcake! (an adorable airstream trailer on Congress that sells the most amazing cupcakes).



The drive back proved quite interesting with Angeli serenading me and Ian videoing the entire thing (It will probably have a showcase on facebook, oh dear). Oh, how I love them. Angeli also managed to squish the cupcakes while serenading (I have to keep an eye on her. She forgets her meds occasionally). We did make it back to Waco in one piece and abs of steel from laughing so much.

Sunday was great, as always. That night we started H2O, which is the youth Bible study on Sunday nights. This year we are making it into a more of an accountability group, but the youth can sign up rather than being forced into it. I have 3 eighth grade girls. They are dolls. I'm pretty excited to see where the Lord takes this group over the year. Afterward, Lara, Hanna, Maggie, and I went to Panda Express and relaxed over some Orange Chicken. It's nice to be able to relax and laugh with some great friends.

Today was a busy Monday with class and SI. I do have Connect Group on Mondays (small group Bible study) and that is a highlight of the day. So, now I'm off to bed 6:30 comes to soon.

No comments: