Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spanish Soap Opera, Anyone?

After having a lazy afternoon, I paid for it that evening with homework aka Spanish. I left my Bio SI around 7:15 (last class of the day). I was pretty content with how it went. I knew most if not all of what she was talking about, and I was able to explain more to my group (That's always good considering I'll be teaching Biology in 2.5 years, right? (2.5 years?!? That's ridiculous!)). Angeli and I decided to stop by Penland (gross boy dorm cafeteria, but the only one open), grab some food to-go and watch The Hills (I know, I know, fake reality drama, yada yada yada) in my room. It was a nice long "dinner" aka neither one of us wanted to do homework. After the show went off at 9:30, I knew I had to watch Destinos.

For those that have never heard of Destinos (Spanish for destinations), you are lucky. There are poorly shot, instructional Spanish videos (total of 51!?!) that follow Raquel on her search to find out if don Fernado's wife he thought died in a bombing during the Spanish revolution, that apparently didn't die, had their son. Don Fernado can't do this because he is sick, and his brother and his 4 children, none of whom knew about this woman, want to leave his bedside. Raquel has to travel to investigate while everyone back home is dealing with don Fernando's secret as well as their own personal problems (drama, drama, drama). All of the episodes are 30 minutes long (aka 30 minutes of my life I can't get back), and at the end of the episode Raquel pulls out her little notebook to review what happened. Since I am such a wonderful Spanish student that never procrastinates in her work, I had to watch 3 episodes last night (gruesome). So, after 1.5 hours of crappy Spanish, as well as other Spanish homework, I finally retreated to my bed just to wake up 6 hours later for my Chemistry class. Let's just say, I knew some of what he was reviewing (in between nod offs...) for our exam on Thursday (eek!). After my Chemistry nap, I jetted to Spanish (favorite class, let me tell ya about it...). We reviewed more verbs (porque los verbos son muy importante! I'm going to go rip my hair out now...), and then we took a Destinos quiz. Now, I'm here about to go grab some lunch before my education class then I'm off to my Chemistry lab.

I have a feeling it is going to be a long day.





Note to self: No more procrastinating on Destinos.

No comments: